Beginner/Moderate Quilt Class
Cost $35 per person,
(Plus price of kit) (Class size limited to 8)
Day 1 - Quilt Top ClassThe quilt top class is a fun easy quilt top piecing class that any level quilter will enjoy. You will learn the basic of piecing and cutting strips into blocks. We will then attach the blocks to a focus block in a arrangement know as the "Warm Wishes" pattern.
Day 2 - Quilting & Binding ClassIn this session you will assemble your top, batting and backing then learn the basic quilting technique know as stitch in the ditch. You will then attach the binding to the top and learn how to do mitered corners. The final step is to hand stitch the binding to the backing.
Required Materials and Supplies1) One of the three available quilt kits.
2) Small pair of scissors for snipping thread.*
3) Straight pins for holding fabric in place.* *If you do not have scissors or pins they are available for purchase before class.
Quilt Kits1) OSU $48.362) Red, White & Blue $52.26
3) Special order Kits are available upon request.
We support our local community by:
• Provide a friendly gathering and learning place for the community to congregate, learn, design and complete sewing and quilting projects for benefit of individuals and the community.
• Our service is teaching the life skill of sewing in a relaxed gathering place.
• Specialize instruction for the beginners and individual wanting to brush up on skills.
• We provide inspiring and creative classroom instruction on construction of apparel and quilts.
• We offer all the supplies to get impressive results.
1600 S. Wood Drive, Okmulgee, OK 74447
9am to 5pm